Thursday, June 18, 2015

Missing: Kristen's Blog

So I have been struggling with finding balance in my time off from work- imagine that- I overinvest myself even in early retirement, so I have been taking a break to focus on my other blog on creativity and innovation and just spend time with Alex, which was always my intention for the summer. 

BUT- in the last week I have had three people say that they really miss my blog and feel like they can't keep up with what I am doing now.  So, the people have spoken, I am updating.  Shout out to Jennifer Landers, you were number three and the one who REALLY made me feel guilty about no updates.

Because I love a list- here is what has been going on this summer:

1. Alex had his surgery.  He is running around like a beast.  Swimming like a fish.  Being spoiled like a four-year-old who has his mommy home to spoil him all summer.

2.  We went to Florida for a week and a half.  Alex is still prone to being worn out, so we went to the beach a few days, but mostly just hung out at my parents house which was SO incredibly relaxing.

3. I have been cooking up a storm.  One of my goals has been to make two new recipes per week.  I made a Lemon Crumb Cake, Cajun Shrimp Alfredo, Mushroom Asiago Chicken, various cobblers, etc etc.  Apparently I actually like to cook, but never had the time.  Thanks to Mom and Dad for letting me experiment on you!

4. Working out and eating right.  Aside from all the shit mentioned above that I have been cooking, I also have been focused on being healthier.  Alex and I have walked three times per week the 4 mile round trip to Starbucks, I have been doing the Team Beachbody 21 Day Fix Workouts, and have joined Weight Watchers.  I have lost 12 pounds so far.  Rockstar.

5. I have signed up to be a Domestic Violence Healthcare Project volunteer.  I'm still in training, but when done, I will be assisting victims at CMC Main with documentation and support.  It's a fantastic program.  Let me know if you want more info Charlotteans.

6. Alex and I have spent a ton of time outside.  We have planted an herb garden, put down a ton of mulch, played, swam, walked, etc.  I have the best tan I have ever had.  I.e. My skin is still super white, but my freckles are darker.  Curse you Irish heritage.

7. I have been taking classes online.  I have done Thrive, an Oprah O-Course, Cracking the Creativity Code on Coursera, and Leadership and Emotional Intelligence, also on Coursera. 

8.  I have been keeping up with reading my 1,001 Books to Read Before you Die.  Two per month.  This month is Fanny Hill.  Totally 18th century porn.  Didn't even see that coming.

9. Alex has fallen totally in love with superheroes. I have spent most of my time moving superheroes from upstairs to downstairs, out to the car, back from the car, back up the stairs.  His favorites right now are Hulk and Captain America, HULK SMASH.

10. I launched a website and blog called Find Creative Space, which is all about finding time and inclination to be creative in a busy, corporate environment.  More to come on that!

Right now, I am getting the carpets cleaned.  Getting done all the things that it will be hard to get done once I am back to work.

Hope everyone is having a great summer!



No comments:

Post a Comment